Just a blog about my adventures and mishaps in life.
Expect things like recipes, art, ways to save money,
fashion, creativity, beauty, babbling and randomness.
Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, August 10, 2012

Lowfat Pumpkin Smoothie

With Fall right around the corner, I've noticed pumpkin recipes popping up all over Pinterest. Pumpkin donuts, pumpkin popper, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin cinnamon rolls, (oddly enough, not one for pumpkin pie). I decided to join in the frenzy since Fall foods are some of my very favorite! I love the smell and the warmth of Fall cooking, it makes me feel so cozy.
Since I'm in AZ where it's still over 100 degrees in the day time, I decided on a pumpkin smoothie. And since I'm still trying to watch what I eat, I decided to make it as low-fat/calorie as I could without sacrificing flavor.
This turned out delicious and is perfect for breakfast, especially if you're like me and not a "big meal for breakfast" type person.

Ingredients:
1 frozen banana (or just a banana)
1 single serve container non-fat vanilla yogurt (mine was 6oz)
1/2 cup to 1 cup pure canned pumpkin (I used half the 15oz can)
1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
1-2 Tbsp honey
small handful of ice

Add everything to the blender or food processor and mix until smooth.
This was surprisingly filling and I gave half to my little guy. You could get creative and add things like oatmeal or bran and play around with the recipe. Unfortunately, I'm not very creative (or motivated) in the morning so I stuck to the basics. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Hey want to keep your kitchen dirt free and germ free then you must buy high quality cleaning products and for this you can visit Cleaningsupplies4u.com because their products are best in quality and they never let down your hopes.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete